Have you lost or left something on the bus and are looking to get it back? If this has happened to you, please take the following action:
If you are still on the bus,
- Please stay seated and take a visual inspection around to see if it may have fallen somewhere on the bus.
- If you can’t see or find it, please notify the driver prior to your stop. They will advise you to contact our staff, but it helps the driver if he knows you have lost something.
As soon as you can, contact our office to:
- Notify one of our office staff as soon as possible you have lost something.
- Provide a detailed description of the item, and a picture of the item if possible.
- Provide your contact information so we can contact you to follow up.
For lost items, please call the Lost & Found at (566-9962 or 902-436-7272, Option 1) from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, or you can email email@example.com a description of the item, where you may have lost it, and your contact information.
We will make every reasonable effort to help you locate your lost items, but we are not responsible for items that may have been left behind on our buses, or at our bus stops.
If we feel we may have found your item (which usually within 2 business days), we will contact you immediately so you can come to our offices to claim your item. We may require proof of ownership and ID when you claim your item. Please have your ID with you when you come to claim your lost item.
If you have found an item on our buses, or at a bus stop, that may belong to someone else, please notify and provide it to the bus driver, and they will receive it from you. They will contact our main office to advise us something has been found at the next available break or transfer location.
All found items will need to be brought to our main office to be claimed.
Any item not claimed in 60 days, will be given to a local charitable foundation to be used or auctioned off.